mill24 - seventh post - notebook scans

These are the last of my responses to the Mill24 event as it happened live. They are the eleven pages of notebooks kept while I was there, except for the first six hours.

They are made up of notes, sketches, sketches for visual poems, and drafts of the two pieces, Sam and pruss, posted earlier today. Page eight, the one in landscape format with dense overlapping text was not from the notebook but written on a copy of the map of the venue.

There will be a further post at some stage soon detailing my response to the performances I was able to see during the twenty-four hours. I certainly feel that I got quite a lot from the experience of being there just as a volunteer and audience member for the duration, with two brief trips home to post photos.

Of course the experience of being awake for a long time is interesting in itself. For the most part I've had no problems for the close to forty hours I've been awake now, although just before eight this morning was quite difficult.

If you were at the Mill yourself and would like to share your experiences, or link to something you've posted elsewhere in response to it, then please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I'd like to hear other people's opinions of the event.












See my first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth posts for further information. See also Graham Dunning and Gary Fisher's live blogs of their participation in the project.

Comments

Popular Posts