mill24 - third post

A third dispatch from Mill24. See my first, second, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh posts for further information. See also Graham Dunning and Gary Fisher's live blogs of their participation in the project.

Here are the pictures from 16:00 Saturday to 02:00 Sunday.

The rest will follow either much later today or perhaps on Monday.

This first is the toilet door at home because I just had to shit before I went back to the Mill.


An hour later back at the Mill people were starting to arrive in bigger numbers.


An hour after that I was in the venue, invigilating. Or hanging about if you want to be rude, just ensuring no one ran off with the projector.


The projector, and the laptop remained safe.


To be honest for a lot of the time invigilating wasn't all that different from not invigilating. I wandered round the spaces, watched performances, and hung out with friends in their studio pretending to be a proper artist. And went out to the courtyard to photograph a drainpipe.


Except when I got door duties. Actually I quite enjoyed it. I still got to talk to friends when they came to sit with me.


Plus it was convenient for watching the 24 hour live tv channel for the event on a table behind me.


But again I wound up back on the second floor. These are visitors to the studio talking to Graham Dunning, who's just out of shot.


Below is a bit of a cheat. I nipped out to the corridor from the studio. The forms on the floor are eggs made by Jennifer McDonald, some of them broken in the process of making. She pours plaster into heavy balloons, inflates them and ties them off, then rolls them around to distribute the plaster as evenly as possible inside. They are then left to sit for a while and then the balloon is cut away. I took some photos of the process for Louise Woodcock, so some of those may appear on her blog at some stage.


Back in the studio just pointing the camera without giving it any thought by this stage.


And finally back home my ability to take a decent shot has completely abandoned me. That's my monitor and a very dim reflection of the top of my wardrobe.


My aim is not only to last the whole 24 hours, but to stay up until at least the end of Sunday and get some stuff done. If I make it to midnight I'll have been up 41 hours. See you later.

Comments

Popular Posts