new street cutlery - first the story

It's become damp and drizzly as the day's gone on, so I wasn't sure whether to go for a walk during lunch or just sit indoors. The rain isn't all that damping though so I went with the walk.

Given the poor light and the deserted aspect of the area locally I didn't hold out much hope of any photographs. But then passing by a semi-derelict and fenced-off warehouse I spotted something in the dirt on the other side of the fence. A spoon, another item of street cutlery. I almost walked by, but stopped and shot off a bunch of photos that I'll add later (when I'm at home, and able to do so - added). I took a lot because it was out of reach and I'd mentally written-off the possibilityLink of collecting it.

Sure enough I couldn't reach. If only I had a stick. And I did, a couple of dead, dried, woody plants on the ground nearby. I managed to pull the spoon in reach and recovered it manually - easily my most satisfying street cutlery yet.

As if that hadn't justified the trip out on its own, when I stopped to pull some wet leaves of a bush to wipe the mud off my hand I saw a damp £5 note lying on the ground. Why not get paid for your trouble while you're about it? I'm already dry, several photos, one spoon, and £5 richer. Watch out for the pictures, coming soon.

.

Comments

Popular Posts