blue black (for keiji haino) - sound poem

blue black (for keiji haino)

Well I managed to push the boundaries on this particular strand of my sound poetry a little further, despite thinking at the time of the last piece that there might not be much further to go. More silence (deliberate), more feedback, the same amount beats, maybe a little more voice, and the same mix of irregularity and order.

As the title says this is dedicated to everyone's favourite scary Japanese musician, and borrows a few ideas (but none of the skill). Don't have nightmares.

.

Comments

Matt Dalby said…
This comment was going to be a post, but I don't really fancy cluttering up the blog with it.

August has been the longest month. The weekend's still to come, and already it feels like August has gone on for months. In the best way possible. Not only do I seem to have crammed a lot into the month, but I've been extremely busy creatively, and hence on the blog. In fact at 79 posts so far it's busier than the last three months put together, not to mention busier in this one month than in any previous year except 2006. Busy also in the sense that as I type the number of original visitors to santiago's dead wasp so far this year stands level with those in the whole of 2006, the previous busiest.

In fact, although I don't much like being alone, it has enabled me to indulge in some feverish creativity, that feels if anything more frenzied than summer 96, my previous benchmark. Obviously I can't keep up this level of activity, so expect slightly fewer posts for the rest of the year. Especially when college resumes in October. The cool thing is I really don't know where I'm going from day to day with my work.

Popular Posts