count - sound poem

count

The rule I set myself was to count nineteen in my head then make a noise and stop the loop. Then add one more element, then see where the piece goes from there.

Arguably this is just dumb - a development (or overextension) of ideas from sink and wankers that doesn't necessarily add much. In recording, the effects pedal flew open and got turned off a couple of times. I think the silences are accommodated reasonably well. The feedback later on is intentional - we go from complete silence to chaotic clatters and gibbering with the odd stab of feedback scree.

Whether I can push these strategies any further is something I'll have to explore. I like the idea of pushing to see where things break down, and then trying to find a way round that. This set of ideas is close to that breakdown point.

.

Comments

Popular Posts