phil minton + friends - 19 aug

Y'know, some days it feels like Tubers Music are just fucking with me.

Case in point, 2 May they held a mini-festival with some people I really like just five minutes from my door at St Margaret's in Whalley Range. I didn't find out about it until close to the date, by which time I already had a bunch of things I was committed to.

I mean, I know I'm not on Facebook anymore, and it seems most of my friends can't be arsed to invite me to anything that's on, but whatever.

Now they've done it again. Okay, I got a mailing this time, but there's a problem. Not the lineup; can't argue with a two voice and percussion trio of Phil Minton, Luke Poot and Pascal Nichols, nor with the Jeff Keen Singers (Odie Ji Ghast, THF Drenching and David Birchall accompanying Jeff Keen films). Not the price, £7/£5 seems reasonable. Not even the location, I mean the Klondyke Club in Levenshulme isn't that hard to get to.

No, the problem is the date. This is a gig I'd really love to see. I've seen all these people perform, if not quite in these particular configurations. If I could I'd be there in a shot. But it's next Wednesday. 19 August. At 8.30pm. That's exactly when The Other Room's going to be happening. It'd be kind of a toss-up which I'd go to normally. But as already established ad nauseam I'm performing at The Other Room that evening.

Bollocks.

Seriously though, if you're in or near Levenshulme, if you've got £7 to spare, and if you can't get to The Other Room (it's free!) or just don't fancy it, then Phil Minton and Friends at the Klondyke Club from 8.30 is an excellent alternative. Details at the link above.

More generally, add Tubers' blog to your bookmarks, get on their mailing list, and watch out for future events. There's a whole lot of great stuff from that direction.

*grumble, mutter*


Comments

Popular Posts