performing at the other room 19 aug

A little last-minute, but unfortunately Sarah Kelly is unable to perform at the next The Other Room event a week on Wednesday (19 August 2015). Which means that I'll be performing in my sound-making identity of Tear Fet in her place.

I'll be performing a new sound piece called Icarus, growing out of my work following the M60 walk. So new I haven't created it yet. I have a lot of ideas to bring into focus, so I'll spend the next three days or so recording, edit the results into a raw shape, refine it, and then spend time extemporising, developing and rehearsing.



The other performers are: Rachel Sills, who's frequently funny, and is a deceptively unassuming performer. A performance from a couple of years ago can be seen here. And Michael Zand, seen here in the video used as a preview at The Other Room.

Hopefully Sarah Kelly will be able to perform at a future event, but for now you can hear her reading various pieces at Archive of the Now for a flavour of what you're missing this time.

My gob goof is available at SoundCloud, YouTube, and elsewhere. A recent piece, Weiys, is below:

Comments

Popular Posts