lost phone

As mentioned in today's 'mornings...' post I've lost my phone.

If I had your number that means I've now lost it, so I'd be really grateful if you'd let me have it again. I have sent out a mailing earlier today, but I may not have got everyone.

One I get a new SIM and a handset I think I should be back on the same number, but that may take a couple of weeks.

Normal procedure is to do this kind of thing through Facebook, but since I left there in January and I ain't going back that's not possible (though you can find me at diaspora* as mattartmcr (1)).

Which brings me to another perpetual complaint - speak to me!

Look, I have genuine, longstanding social problems - possibly due to mild autism, I'm still pursuing my GP over a diagnosis. That means I find it difficult to get out, and even if you're a good friend it makes it extremely challenging even to ring you. So occasionally a short text - or more productively an invite to nights out or events that are happening is really welcome.

Seriously, one of the reasons you may not have seen me out as much the last couple of years is the period of depression and anxiety 2012/13, after which everyone seemed to disappear, and invitations kind of dried up a little. I've been making a lot more effort this year, but there's been a lot going on, and with no Facebook prompts I don't have a convenient way of knowing what's on.

I haven't been avoiding anyone by choice. I'm NOT aloof. Although I thrive on social contact, I find social situations bloody difficult. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just awkward and shy.



(1) diaspora* is a non-profit, user-owned, distributed social network. They don't ask for the same amount of information as Facebook, and don't datamine you for advertisers.

Comments

Popular Posts