three new batches from ) th good /old w~ay

) TH GOOD /OLD W~AY has been progressing quite quickly recently. 83 cards have now been completed. 90 is the halfway point.

I still have no idea where the sequence is going but this doesn't particularly worry me.

In a recent post Andrew Taylor commented that the cards seem to have changed. They have. Initially I was working with cards bought from Rymans. Simply for convenience I then switched to postcards bought from a shop round the corner from work. These have also changed although the various packs appear to be from the same manufacturer.

Onto the recent mailings.

55-60 are documented here on Andrew Taylors tumblr. There is also a very nice generous comment,


More from Matt. And again, they are strong and have the feeling of a poem that
is really going somewhere. I’m really liking this set.

61-66 and 67-72 as previously mentioned were mailed separately on the way to a gig on Saturday night in Whalley Range/Moss Side and Levenshulme respectively. I was curious to see if this would mean they arrived separately. Apparently it didn't.

Once again they appear on Andrew Taylor's tumblr. Once again I'd encourage you to take your time and look through the blog at the other photos and links.

Images of each card and additional documentation of each set together are at Andrew's flickr.

I'm really grateful to Andrew for offering to document this poem/sequence. I really enjoy the way he's going about it. I find it an interesting way to approach the documentation of a piece of work.


I should also mention that the photos posted with these updates are 'borrowed' from Andrew's tumblr, although I keep forgetting to credit him.

Comments

Popular Posts