visual poem + cool link


Was just going to tell you how I'd been over at Troy Lloyd's blog because I hadn't left a comment there for a while and then followed one of his links to Abstract Comics. Then I was going to say how I thought that as well as Troy's site you should look at Abstract Comics, and how I hoped it would have a life beyond promoting the book it's connected with. But then I thought it would be cool to have an image to accompany the text. Except I didn't have the time or ideas to come up with an abstract comic of my own and I didn't want to rip one of their images without asking first. Which I could have done but then I wouldn't have been able to blog tonight. However I had a kind of roughly appropriate image - a visual poem I guess although with more in common with my notebook archaeologies [& there hasn't been one of those in a while - patience]. Hence the piece funeral above.

So yeah - Troy Lloyd, Abstract Comics - get over there and have fun. I'll see you later.

Comments

richard barrett said…
i really like this piece.
Matt Dalby said…
Cheers. I'm glad I changed my mind on this one. Originally it was meant to be on its side with the lines dripping down. But it was pointless and looked a bit Matrix so I left it as it was.

Popular Posts