dumbass things i do

It was a nice day today so I finally did what I've been meaning to do for a while. I took out my inline skates went down to the Fallowfield Loop and spent my first 90 minutes in around five years getting used to them again.

Back when I was living in Rusholme I spent around 15 hours or more over a few weeks tottering around on the skates before I had to come off them because of a hernia. After the operation in October I wasn't fit to get back on skates immediately and anyway I just felt shit, and it was getting into Autumn... Excuses. Anyway despite my 15 hours I was hopeless at the time. I could barely skate 100 metres without having to stop or nearly fall over.

Don't get me wrong I was shit today, and no doubt next time I go out I'll be hopeless too. I fell over a couple of times but nothing heavy. But for some reason I was a lot more confident and a lot better after these 90 minutes than I had been back in 04.

No idea why. Maybe it was not thinking too hard about every little movement. Maybe it was being more relaxed in my knees and my whole body. I've no doubt a large part is being somewhere where I know there are no cars. There'll be more of this, maybe even here on the blog.

Comments

Popular Posts