mutapoem live thanks

I don't plan to offer a review of mutapoem live here. Since I had a bit to do and obviously had quite an adrenaline surge I spent most of the evening kind of stunned. But I would like to thank the people who helped make it happen.

So thanks go out to: Richard Barrett who was the first performer on board, Helen and Gary who provided inline remixes/interpretations of the performers work on the evening, James, Tom and Scott from The Other Room who promoted mutapoem live through their website - they also attended the event except Scott who had to be somewhere else, Alex Davies who advertised mutapoem live through the Openned site and attended, Graham from Blood Moon who attended and recorded the event, Michael who filmed proceedings, my sister Hannah and her partner Matt who took some photos, all the performers - Richard Barrett, Graham and Tom I've already mentioned, but also the other Richard, the other Alex, Antonionioni, Andy N and Jeff, all the other sources that advertised mutapoem live - Linda Chase's Dear List, Manchester Libraries, Manchester Metropolitan University, Write Out Loud - especially thanks to Paul Blackburn for some really useful comments although I never got the chance to reply, Old Abbey Inn for hosting the event, and everyone that attended.

I hope that pictures and sound can be posted to mutapoem and here but that won't be for a while. Normal service would be resumed here if there weren't so many damn things happening through May - Text Festival, Salford Concerts, several gigs - including Sounds from the Other City if I can get my shit together, and so on.

There will be another event at some point. Not mutapoem but hopefully something along the same lines perhaps with more emphasis on sound poetry and sound art.

Links will be added later for those of you too lazy to Google.

Quick update - some photos here & Richard Barrett's review here. I have a quandry - there's a lot in the article about me and it feels a bit cheap sending you somewhere to read it. On the other hand I don't want to advise you to skip anything because Richard's well worth reading. So here's the deal - read the article and pretend it's about someone else and then stay on a read some of the rest of what's there.

Comments

Popular Posts