developing the studio

A bunch of new images from the studio, which is beginning to fill up nicely as I slowly accumulate materials, get underway with projects, and begin to feel comfortable with the space.

This first picture has the remains of the roll of chicken wires, a bucket (and spoon not pictured), wallpaper paste and newspapers all new to the space, in addition to the stuff already there.


Gloves and pliers. Self evidently. In the bottom left corner, as with the previous shot, part of something made from chicken wire.


Another view of the stuff in the corner of the studio under the window, wallpaper paste, and an offcut of chicken wire visible.


There I fixed it! This is about the only place in the room I can get reception for my DAB radio. Even then it's pretty shit, and non-existant in near-stormy weather like yesterday. The board isn't actually bearing any weight, the feet on the radio grip enough to keep it in place, the board's just extra security.


Unbelievably this is the best shot of the number over the door of my studio. Maybe I have a new project - get a decent picture of it.


I've already photographed my various tapes opportunistically hung on this hook, but not since I added the wire. And I like the light in this picture.


A sticker on the floor. You just have to photograph stuff like this when you spot it.


Another shot of the radio and the tapes hanging in the window.


If the desk looks a little more crowded than last time it's because there's at least one more visual poem box there. My bag is also there on top of the cutting mat.


Rather than leave the remainder of the roll of chicken wire lying around on the floor I'm trying to stack it in the corner. In fact while it's in use this is probably the best place for it.


Some of my notebooks - there are also two or three I carry round at present, and a few larger ones here at home. I've never understood people who get precious about particular styles or manufacturers of notebooks or pens. Perhaps if felt more confident about my work I might be more choosy, but since I think most of what I produce is junk it really doesn't matter what the notebook looks like.

I've also found the contemporary Moleskine notebooks available in Waterstones to be awful. They fall apart a lot more quickly than much cheaper books I can pick up in newsagents for between £1-£3. You don't always get what you pay for, and I need my notebooks to be robust - they have to be carried in pockets, get rained on, written in while I'm on the move, and probably dropped or thrown a few times.

Comments

Popular Posts