vaudeville

Right nearly done with this Manchester stuff.

Went tonight with my sister to VaudeVille at greenroom for the first time in ages. It was every bit as interesting as I remember. Despite a technical glitch with one of the videos that kicked off the night, the 100 ten-second videos that were able to be shown were fascinating - although I'm ashamed I hadn't seen them before. Then after a break there were a couple of performance pieces, although I'm afraid the performers names elude me. Both were funny in different ways. One was more of a kind of stand-up/performance/character piece - I guess a little John Shuttleworth, although more entertaining for me. The second was a more serious, more 'acted' piece, about reaching a stage in life where you're not sure of your values anymore sometimes, and working with people with whom you have nothing in common. After another break then locally-based poet and writer Conor Aylward performed the second of a three-part experimental piece partly autobiographical, partly about writing, and partly about post-modernism (apparently). Finally there was a drama piece by four performers which I guess you could say was about relationships. I'd prefer to say it was Alan Bennett given a right seeing-to by Luigi Pirandello - which is a recommendation in case you were wondering.

I'll definitely be there next month, and will try to ensure I get down a lot more regularly. Alright, all you non-Mancunians can come back now.

.

Comments

Popular Posts