la:la contact theatre

Live Art : Live Art Vol.2 happens at Contact Theatre on Friday - that's 18 March - organised by Akemi Arts.

I wasn't actually aware of the first event in October last year otherwise I might have mentioned it. This time round I'm going to be performing. Only rather than my usual sound poetry/sound art thing I'll be venturing my first real public bit of live art. More on that to come.

If you also had no idea about LA:LA as I'm going to insist on abbreviating it, then there are hints over at YouTube (vid also on the Akemi tumblr blog).

Other performers on Friday are Jezzabella, Liz Greenwood, Gary Burton, Paul Jenkins, Levenshulme Bicycle Orchestra and The Age Of Glass.

Described as Extras, so I'm assuming in various corners of Contact, are Raggaphoto, Wandering Artists, Ric Jones and Laura Gee installations, Elle Brotherhood installation and Bob Whalley painting.

I've provided links where I've been able to find them.


After a couple of weeks research, writing and rehearsal from a pre-existing idea I'd wanted to explore since at least November last year I ended up scrapping it earlier today.

A couple of hours solid rehearsal made me realise I wasn't happy with the performance, the idea wasn't going to work, and there were other more interesting things I wanted to do.

The original idea was based on a childhood game and centred on ideas of death and the fear of death, romantic love, narrative logic, gender roles, and identity. All of which are interesting subjects for art.

The new idea that's been refined by running through it a few times is much more blank/enigmatic [delete as appropriate], and hopefully a little more disturbing. Although it involves some sound there is no requirement for speech which was a real problem with the previous idea.

I also have no idea what it's about.

The evening starts at 7pm and is free to attend.

Comments

Popular Posts