graham dunning in time pieces exhibition, lancaster

I intended to post this over the weekend but since I spent my time breaking up my art and wandering along the canals I kind of forgot about it.

My friend Graham Dunning who recently relocated to London has an installation in an exhibition in Lancaster opening next week.

The exhibition, Time Pieces 'is an interdisciplinary art exhibition exploring time, duration, history and memory.'

I submitted a couple of ideas to the exhibition myself but didn't manage to get it. Although I very much liked one of my own ideas it wasn't nearly as good a fit as Graham's installation.

Graham's installation, Untitled (2010), was previously exhibited at Kraak in Manchester and 'uses recordings from discarded reels of tape, some of which are over fifty years old, alongside the original machines on which they might have been played.'


See also Graham's post for details.
Time Pieces features work from Kit Abramson, Jon Aveyard, Steven Heaton, Annie Lydiat, Anna Macdonald, Angelo Picozzi and Kacper Ziemianin. It runs from 3rd March to 2nd April 2011.
Time Pieces is at the Peter Scott Gallery at Lancaster University.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks Matt.
Matt Dalby said…
You're welcome - I said I'd post the details. I'll actually try and catch the exhibition.

Congratulations again.

Popular Posts