sounds from rehearsal

I mentioned Manchester Artist's Bonfire in a recent post.

This is the launch of an annual event in which artists pledge work that is then burned. It takes place on Friday 28 January at Islington Mill from 7-9pm with an after party from 9.


As well as pledging a piece to the bonfire I will be performing alongside Womb Collective and Paddy Steer.

This will be interesting because Paddy Steer is definitely a proper musician, and Womb Collective launched by Louise Woodcock and others involves a large number of female musicians and artists. It will be their first performance. On the other hand I'm definitely not a musician.

This weekend I've spent some time improvising, writing and rehearsing a set. I think I have a pretty clear idea what I'm planning now. Below is a section just short of six minutes from my session yesterday.


My aim is to try and keep things simple. I'll probably use Loop Station, two mics, mixing board and not much else. Voice and body of course.


The deadline for your pledges is 18 January - that's tomorrow.

Submit your pledge to manchesterartistsbonfire@gmail.com with your name, a description of your practice, your website/blog address if you have one, your 250 word pledge, and details of the work to be burned in 100 words.

Pledges so far are on the site if you want to see how others have approached it.

Comments

Popular Posts