caroline bergvall at edge hill

via Openned.

Caroline Bergvall is at Rose Theatre, Edge Hill University on Wednesday 26 January, 7.30pm. Tickets £4.

See Rose Theatre link for map and link to book tickets.


Apart from the videos embedded here there's a mass of other material from Caroline Bergvall at UbuWeb, at her excellent website linked above, on YouTube, at The Other Room, and elsewhere.

Highly recommended.


No reason why you should care but I can't emphasise how important Caroline Bergvall's been to any development I've made as an artist across the last three years.

Without Fig and the material on Ubu I wouldn't have found the key to unlocking the interface between poetry and other arts via sound poetry and visual poetry. I wouldn't have felt able to experiment with installation and performance in quite the way I have as soon, or perhaps at all.

Likewise when I was struggling with visual poetry her PLESSJØR showed me the direction I should be thinking in.

I can't make this evening which is a bloody shame - hopefully there'll be recording at some point.

Comments

Popular Posts