jennifer mcdonald gowry art institute residency

I've already mentioned that my friend Jennifer McDonald is currently in India and part way through a residency at the Gowry Art Institute in south India near Kerala. The institute has a particular focus on women artists.

Jen provides a brief but interesting and insightful contextualisation and a series of images from the first two weeks of the residency in a post here. I had some doubts as to whether I should repost one of her drawings (below) since I actually want you to go and have a look. But in the end I prefer to illustrate wherever I can.

Jen provides close to 30 images including completed objects and sketches in addition to the three paragraphs of reflective writing. It's obviously only a snapshot, but a really fascinating snapshot into her process. You should definitely take the time to go and read what she has to say and check out the images.


Also featured in a recent post are the videos below which I previously reposted on Facebook when Louise Woodcock posted them there.

They show the performance Jen and Lou did at Free For Arts Festival on 2 October. I unfortunately missed this performance as I was in London. Since I failed to record their performance at Counting Backwards it's only fair to post these videos.

I think it's a tremendous performance despite some sound problems - you can skip the first minute of the first video since nothing happens due to problems with the mic.



Comments

Popular Posts