ok, so i'm a liar

Well that lasted just a little bit more than a month.

Back in November I said was quitting twitter - the evidence.

A couple of thing fed into the decision. While I was in New York I barely tweeted because I was experiencing things more intensely than I ever do at home. Before I left and especially noticeable when I got back I was sending tweets just because I felt some obligation to do more than one every day.

A small number of people said they'd miss the tweets. There was hardly a popular outcry though.

Quitting was certainly the right thing to do and up until this afternoon I was convinced I'd stick with it. But after the first week or so I started to think some of the things I saw would make interesting tweets. Not often but every few days:

A small orange plastic bowl in the road undamaged. A day or two later fragments of the same bowl on the pavement. A skein of geese flying past the fifth floor in work. Little things.

Today I was out on a walk in Chorlton Water Park without my camera which is currently with a friend. In the snow a short section of fence on the river bank was reflected in the river. I composed a tweet for it in my head but rejected the idea of sending it.

Further along though a number of geese on the river moved away from where they were grazing at the bank and moved out into the middle. They swam a little then one by one allowed the rapids to carry them down the river at speed.

It was too good not to record in some way. So after A quick cryptic announcement suggesting I was going to resume posting I sent two tweets:

Short length of fence reflected in river

Sixteen geese ride rapids downstream

I resumed tweeting and made myself a liar. I don't know when the next tweet will be. Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next year, maybe never. I don't really care and hope I continue to not care.

Comments

Popular Posts