updates elsewhere from the text festival

Before getting on with the second half of yesterday's reviews let me point you in the direction of the Language beyond poetry symposium in the Bury Museum and Archives, where Geof Huth did his reading the other day. I'm not sure when it begins, and now I'd quite like to attend, but having bought a ticket for Sounds from the Other City I'll be there instead.

Just as interesting are some of the new responses online to Text Festival, and events outside. Ron Silliman writes about Carol Ann Duffy's laureateship and the festival, Geof Huth writes about yesterday at the festival. I haven't read his piece yet because he covers things I haven't written about myself, and I don't want to confuse my own responses. Bury Met via their Twitter feed drew my attention to two short pieces of video from Geof Huth documenting small sections of Claus van Bebber and Ron Silliman's performances there last night. Also, Richard Barrett has blogged yesterday. Do we spoil you or what?

Comments

Popular Posts