looped & repeated - sound poem live

The week after mutapoem live I played at Poets and... This recording was made by Kylyra who was the guest performer that evening.

It's more performance-y that I thought, in terms of how I carry and project myself. The sound is also a lot less feral than at least one of the audio recordings of myself live. What slightly surprised me is that it begins at times to sound a little like The Fall - although as a friend said, if you chuck enough audio in a similar area some of it's bound to stick to The Fall. Rhythm, lo-fi techniques, cut-up phrases, repetition - all present.

I described it as semi-improvised. I basically used most of the same elements as in one of the pieces I did for mutapoem live, which was pre-planned in broad outline, but not absolutely prescribed.

So anyway, looped & repeated.

Or to put it another way, quoting the first comment on the video: ? This ones just gone RIGHT over my head... who let them lads up on the stage? Sorry :(

Comments

Popular Posts