writing stuff

In other news, just finished the second short story I was working on, which really ought to have been a film. I wasn't really happy with many aspects of it so I'm about to start another telling the story of one of the characters before the events described.

Despite that I still think the last story has qualities, so I may well post it here in the coming week. I'm aware I haven't posted any finished poetry for a while. This is partly because I haven't written any, but also because I can't really send stuff out for publication that's already been published here, and I have been chasing publication pretty hard. With very little result. I'll try and fix that, and get more poems posted.

Comments

Anonymous said…
don't really get the tiananmen stuff yet. i mean it's serious & all that but i'm not feelin it. & as for these posts about what you aint done yet but youre going to do, what's the point?

i'd love to see more poems. where did the poems go?

C
Matt Dalby said…
Erm... Thanks for your comments on my poems. Personally I'd also love to post some more. However I haven't written many in the last couple of months, and anything that hasn't been posted here is being sent out to magazines. I may have to reconsider the way I'm dealing with my work.

As for the Tiananmen 'stuff', it will begin to fit together, trust me. I'm going to get round to posting more links and resources connected to this, so you can find out more. Please keep reading, and I'll try to make it a little more compelling next time. Of course, as we get towards June 6th the events become more fascinating, and more disturbing.

Thanks again.

Popular Posts