tiananmen square

Shortly I intend to launch on a series of posts about the 1989 massacre in Beijing's Tiananmen Square. As a distant observer whose only contact was through the media it would be distasteful to personalise the events, but I will deal with my subjective reactions.

I hope that no one takes offence or feels that their experience is being co-opted or trivialised. And if anyone wishes to comment or contribute then I am more than happy to include credited (including anonymous) contributions.

The purpose of doing this is to mark the anniversary of the events, and the run-up to those events. On a personal level the tragedy is something that I have written about previously, and have long felt should be looked at in more depth by this blog.

I will also add a number of links to other resources, again if you know of any sites that you think are valuable then please let me know. Straying off-topic for a minute, this will be the beginning of a much needed tidy-up of links etc that may take a while.

Any experiences or links that you want to share can be sent to mattdalby@hotmail.com and may then be posted. If you wish to remain anonymous, or don't want the material to be posted, then please let me know.

In the meantime, take care.

Comments

whoiam said…
Please see http:npublici.blogspot.com for a song lyric "Tiananmen Square"
Matt Dalby said…
Thanks for that. I've taken a brief look at your site, but I'll check it in more detail next week.

In the meantime, and whatever I decide, people can still link from post to check for themselves.

Popular Posts