email misery

Just finished a second week's voluntary work, and engaging in what seems to be my new rhythm of coming into town to use the internet cafe on a Saturday afternoon. The reason being we can't access hotmail or any web-based email in work any longer so I'm stuck with my work email. That means I have to check my personal account out of work, which means here in town since I'm not online at home. The advantage of this - or possibly disadvantage - is that I can probably blog more frequently.

If anyone watches my blog closely you may have noticed that I just took down a poem from last year. The reason being it's been accepted for publication and I don't want to clash with that. When I know when, and how you can get hold of the magazine I'll let you know. In the autumn, or possibly later I may well get round to reinstating the piece, once the magazine's no longer current.

For obvious reasons can't really go into any detail about my voluntary work. I'm basically teaching creative writing to adults with mental health issues. Obviously, part of the motivation behind that is personal. It keeps me active and thinking, it gets me out of the house, and most importantly I get to meet people, both volunteers and clients, instead of sitting in the house or walking round on my own. And of course it motivates me to get out the internet cafe to get my mail and blog a little.

What else is up? Currently working on a new short story that seems to be coming together pretty quick, there'll be more detail on that when it's more finished. Still fairly mental otherwise, but at least spring's on it's way which ought to lighten my fucking mood.

I haven't heard anything for a while from the uni where I put in my application for the creative writing course. They better offer me an interview or something pretty soon or I'll be really hacked-off.

Yeah, sorry this is so rambling and discursive, I'll be more ordered next time.

Comments

Popular Posts