my shack in rusholme

Not much time for writing lately, which is beyond irritating in some ways because I need to constantly make notes or work on more finished pieces. On the other hand I now have a mass of ideas to throw down as soon as I get the chance, possibly tonight. The likelihood is that a couple of creative projects will take precedence over something more worked-out for the blog, but I keep aiming to post more frequently.

My shack in Rusholme continues to be a hazard to health, though it's no longer a toxic wasteland. The entrance stinks because of damp - it's also my sole entry/exit point which would be a bit of a problem in a fire. The damp is caused by questionable plumbing - which seems to have caused an intractable blockage in the "kitchen" sink. The oven stopped working (by which I mean almost set on fire due to dodgy electrics) months ago, but my landlords have made no moves to replace it and all I've been able to afford so far is a pair of portable electric hobs. Still, the asbestos brick in the yard is intact, so it's not an immediate risk, and the slick of diesel and fuck knows what else from the laundrette downstairs has been cleaned up, so I can actually keep my food down. On top of which, having no front door or letterbox means I have to rely on my landlords to hand over the post, which they haven't done for four weeks now.

There's comedy in them thar ills.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to bring you up to speed with all the rest of my news in detail. But in brief - voluntary work, counselling, villain beard, family wedding, training, isolation, and stuff.

See you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts