walk - manchester to crewe, sat 23 feb 19

I meant to record and post this yesterday but I was so tired I couldn't finish typing my notes. It was also getting late, and some of the noisier bits of the performance wouldn't have gone down well with my neighbours.

Anyway, here's the account of my latest walk, in which I sing, angst about being misunderstood, scream, and meet a weird aggressive man. There are many swears throughout. And mimicking of other sounds. I drop in a lot more conversation, and non-verbal sounds.

I hope this will continue and serve to make the recordings more dynamic and closer to experiencing the walks. You'll also note I used the word performance earlier, that was intentional. The accounts are still 'truthful', bearing in mind that I slightly edited the text between writing and performing to make a couple of aspects more sensitive of diversity, to interject a short flash-forward, and that there will always be personal bias, selection and framing at work.




Edit: and now here's the script for you to read if you prefer, or just want to read along and get outraged when I deviate from it.

Comments

Popular Posts