walk - manchester to hebden bridge, sun 13 jan 19

This feels like a rambling undirected account, but it really isn't. In a walk held over from last week because of transport issues I walked from Manchester to Hebden Bridge. On the way I saw a dead badger, some very alive pigs, got soaked and frozen by wind, screamed into the wind like King Lear, then had some nice views on the way down into Hebden where I met up with a friend and had a meal and a drink before heading home.



No idea what my next walk will be, but with the weather likely to get colder and snow more probable it's likely the next six weeks at least will avoid the Pennines and the Peak District. That means more local loops, and perhaps walks out into Cheshire.

It's a matter of safety - today was a warm and pretty nice day, but I got very wet and cold.

Comments

Popular Posts