recent visual poems

A comment was left on my recent post in love with living yesterday. In my reply I said I'd add two further posts expanding on it.


One - this one - will look a little more closely at creating the visual poems. A second post to follow will look at how I don't wish to diminish anyone's experience of feeling more negatively.

As I explained in the post I wanted to create some accompanying images and started to experiment with some new visual poems. I started in pencil - venturing some ascemic writing - before switching to the brush-pen.




I then spent a couple of pages effectively scribbling - and periodically pursuing specific forms and ideas.






What I haven't included here is a later stage where I tried to scale-up the visual poems and experimented with different ways of expanding them into three dimensions.






The next day I selected out some of the visual poems that worked best - circled in pencil in the notebook.




At the moment I'm still finding visual poetry more of a challenge than making soundworks or sculptural forms. I think because of the degree of minute control it appears to require.

Comments

Popular Posts