rainer ganahl seminars for text festival

This evening and Friday evening I'll be at this event - Artist Rainer Ganahl hosts Engels Reading Seminars for Bury Text Festival

From the information received on the seminar:

Reading for Reading’s Sake have invited artist Rainer Ganahl (Austrian, based in NY) to be in residence in Greater Manchester from 18th-22nd May 2011 as part of the Bury Text Festival. Ganahl will be hosting reading seminars on Engels’ the Condition of the Working Classes over three days, culminating in a solo show where documentation of the seminars will be exhibited. The 2 seminars will take place on Weds 18th and Fri 20th May 2011 from 18.30pm-20.30pm at Bury Transport Museum. Reading has been part of the artist’s practice for around 15 years and you can see some documentation of his previous seminars here: htp://www.ganahl.info/reading.html

Tony Trehy also has some details on his blog. I have no idea what to expect from these seminars. As you might expect I'll blog about the experience once it's done.

Changing subject for a moment I now have confirmation that my residency in Kunming will take place 15/18 October 2011 - 18 January 2012 - a total of three months. I also understand that contrary to what I'd planned I can only be in China five months. Whether I come back to the UK then or travel elsewhere for a month or two I haven't decided yet.

I'll write more on this in the next couple of weeks - and will set up a separate China blog to document not only the residency and my time in the country, but some of the preparation too. More news when I have it.

Comments

Popular Posts