opening weekend of writing/exhibition/publication

The opening of Writing/Exhibition/Publication at the Pigeon Wing gallery in London is documented here at VerySmallKitchen. It's an interesting read and I'd recommend you get over there now to find out more about the exhibition.

*Ahem* There's also something on my visual poem boxes. In fact what might have been a short couple of sentences gets vastly expanded with addition of a photo and some images of visual poems, and the text I wrote to accompany the boxes that have gone to New York.

In light of that the only decent thing to do is replicate the links to the artists provided in the post. Do go and investigate them: Pippa Koszerek, Beyond the Dustheaps for Island Projects that Pippa and others are concurrently involved with, Helen Kaplinsky, Tamarin Norwood, press free press - including Becky Cremin who recently performed at Counting Backwards - the rota for their project A Time For Work, and finally although he's not linked there Maurice Carlin of Islington Mill is mentioned in a couple of the links and has work in the exhibition.

In fact the two pieces by Maurice at that link were part of the Text Festival last year. The reason I mention this is that I was back in Bury yesterday for When Artists Take Over because Jen and Lou were performing. I think their sound work was better this time than at Counting Backwards and I will write about it shortly. I also finally picked up a copy of the book that accompanied the first Text Festival.

Comments

Popular Posts