news on the stamp poem


I've written a couple of times about a stamp poem I'm working on, here and here.

I'm making only two copies of each page/stanza (most recent pictured above) and suggested that I would like someone to document the process of creating the poem.

Andrew Taylor was the first to offer to help. Earlier today I posted him the first batch of 6 pages/stanzas. Once he's received them he will document them on his flickr and tumblr. I'll let you know when that happens.

The second batch is also ready to go and I'll send it in the week. Two subsequent pages/stanzas have been completed.

The new pages/stanzas mark a shift back to how the project started, being created on the stamp with no preparatory composition on the page. This is more time-consuming but more satisfying and more fun.

Liberating myself from continuous composition and the temptation to treat language as a signifying system suddenly opens up all sorts of possibilities I might otherwise ignore.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the poem now has a title. It's called ) TH GOOD /OLD W~AY after a traditional Christian song The Good Old Way also known as Sweet Hope of Glory.

Comments

Popular Posts