happy hundredth - drift

Yay, time to celebrate. I believe this is the 100th post on santiago's dead wasp, which for just under two years is slacking a bit. Plus, I'm on holiday now until the 8th of May. So what better way to celebrate than with another patented Matt Dalby dismal poem of loss and despair? Enjoy.

drift

this morning i'm bleeding
coming out of my fingertips white
cotton threads tangling
together snag and trail
disconcerting when they
catch and tug. roll
and bunch them in my fists
don't like to cut
them discoloured and knotted.
saw your friend in the street
couldn't say hi.
i'll go home
and sleep curl round myself
under
the pile of wet laundry
itching and heavy eyes.
i've grown seaweed
bubbles of skin down
the back of my arms
for you to twist and pop.


22mar-21apr6
mattdalby

Comments

Popular Posts