walk - reddish vale, haughton dale, peak forest canal + home, sun 1 mar 20

I took a weekend off long, planned walks and the lengthy written and recorded accounts. Work has been busy and it can feel like a treadmill of obligation to devote a whole day to a long walk, then several evenings in the week to typing that account.

But I still ended up walking four hours on Saturday, and around seven hours on Sunday. On the longer of those walks I had a loose plan to explore a path that fascinated me the week before, and to take a dictaphone to record an account as I went.

That account is harsh-sounding, you can occasionally hear what I say, I mostly talk about where I'm going and what's next, and gradually get more poetic through the murk and distortion.



There's no text version this week, apologies, but there is an interactive map. Though aside from a slight curve, and a diversion to avoid getting muddy on the way back, the walk was more or less a straight line in each direction.

Comments

Popular Posts