lockdown diy/noise etc streams

One of the benefits of our current lockdown is the opportunity to attend way more DIY/noise/no-audience underground gigs than otherwise possible, since many wonderful people are organising online events through various apps.

There are almost certainly more than those listed here, let me know if you know of any more, or know whether the two past events I mention at the end will repeat.

So, ignoring my own solo events, let's start with the three coming up between now and Monday next week (6 April - all times UK unless otherwise stated):

TOPH Housebound #2: Fri 3 Apr, 20:00 on Twitch. Facebook event page.















Heinous Whining #2: Sat 4 Apr, 19:00 on Twitch. Facebook event page.



Isolated Mass #3: Mon 6 Apr, 19:00 on Telegram, get the app here. Facebook event page.





















Previous events which might be repeated were:

Backbone Youth Arts, Live n Solo at the Bowlo #2, on Sat 28 Mar at 20:30 local time in Australia, 10:30 here in the UK. Watch it back on Facebook and YouTube. It also went out on their Twitch channel.

Liquid Library Livestream II: "Remember Grass?", on Mon 30 Mar at 20:00 on their Instagram page. I don't know if the performances are archived anywhere, I only did a cursory search and haven't asked anyone because even before COVID-19 social interaction even at a distance gave me horrors.

All of these events - the previous iterations of the three I know are happening, and the two others mentioned - were excellent and are highly recommended.

Anything that reduces stress is well worth your time. Yesterday I went to the supermarket for essentials, and while queueing nearly found myself crying for no obvious reason. And I'm not in a stressful job, so I can't imagine how hard it is for supermarket staff, healthcare workers, and others at the sharp end of this.

Look after yourself and those around you. Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts