live vocal improv fri 4 oct 19

Watch/listen to my latest live vocal improv, below. It's a little louder than I thought and keeps running off in different directions. Short too.



Although there is some distortion on the laptop's inbuilt mic, especially at the start, it's less than it has been in the past. That's because I've built myself a box lined with soundproof materials, though it still needs some tidying up.

This allows me to perform standing up in my living room again, which I prefer, but without the shelf the laptop's sat on, the shelf immediately above, and the wall behind bouncing sound around and creating echo.

The main advantage of sitting down in the kitchen for these improvs, besides reducing the pain in my hernia before it was repaired 11 days ago, was that I could pile cushions and the like around my laptop to reduce echo.

That wasn't possible with the living room shelf until I remembered I had a small amount of sound absorbing material lying around last week. It still took me until today to finally make the box pictured below.





In case you're wondering, the video onscreen in the third photo is Seven Yellow Gypsies from The Watersons' "for pence and spicy ale". I do actually have the album, both digitally and on vinyl, but I was playing other Watersons tracks on YouTube earlier.

Comments

Popular Posts