preparation for classwar karaoke

Later today (Thursday 5 September) I'm among a number of performers at Classwar Karaoke at the Golden Lion in Todmorden.

See the poster below for details. Doors are at 7pm, and I believe the event ends in time for trains back to Manchester and Leeds.



I've done some rehearsal as well as making some physical preparations. And those physical preparations are what I'm concerned with here.

Firstly I have something new for me, which is a 3D visual score. This started out as something else, a shape that was intended to be a lot more complex. It then sat around for a couple of weeks until I started the drawings I recently covered here.

These aren't great photos, but they give an idea of the form.





Subsequently I've also decided on a rough shape for my improvisation to drop the 3D form into. I want to take a simplified and crude interpretation of The Tempest as a skeleton. That interpretation has been arbitrarily broken into eight sections, each of which will be timed.

Each section will also run into the next. I'll continue to make sounds as I turn the sand egg-timer over and move to the next page of my skeletal version of The Tempest.

Which brings us, finally, to that skeleton outline pictured below.









Comments

Popular Posts