walk - manchester to etherow country park

Today's long walk (I'm on holiday this week and next) was to Etherow Country Park. According to the Google Maps route that I worked from that's about 3 hours 40 minutes from my home, though with my deviations from the route was more like 4 hours.

One thing I forgot to mention in the recording below is that one reason I enjoy doing these recorded accounts is that it encourages me to get out of the city and seek out places I'm unfamiliar with. I might otherwise spend more of my time concentrating on a small number of walks that I'm more familiar with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to see places you didn't know before.

As with Monday a small number of photos follow the recording.




The first of the photos below is on the walk out, climbing out of the Goyt valley into residential areas. The last of the photos is from the hill walking away from Etherow Country Park towards Romiley on the way back, at which point it was raining heavily. The remainder are from the park.










Comments

Popular Posts