the other room 4th birthday

Just a placeholder for now until the review gets here.

One thing I said on the night to a few people, and will repeat in the full review, is that I can't understand why Becky Cremin is still reading to just 30 people in the basement of a pub in Manchester. Performances like the one she gave last night should be taking place in major art venues, and simulcast to thousands across the world.

In fact although I couldn't really afford it last night, having already bought The Other Room Anthology for the last year, I was compelled to buy Becky's book Lay'd after the performance.

I was also tremendously impressed by the performance Paula Claire sent by DVD. Like Becky she brought a vibrant and powerful energy to the room.

Watch this space for the full review in a few days.

Comments

Popular Posts