green - new track - replaced with valley

Edit 26 April 2012
I've removed this track for two reasons. It's due to appear on a forthcoming download release, and there was a jump in the video I was unhappy with. When the download appears I'll let you know.

In the meantime here's the video for a track recorded the same day. Valley was originally planned for the download release mentioned, but I felt didn't work there.




Original post
I started composing this Green last night waiting in the intermittent rain outside St Margaret's church in Whalley Range. I was talking to a friend on the phone before the doors opened for the Jandek gig (more in another post).

Further ideas came to me during the gig and on the way home.

The song consists of a mic out the window in the rain, playback of a field recording from Chorlton Nature Reserve, looped electric bass guitar struck with paint knife, and looped voice. The image is a screen-grab from one of my tamlyn11 videos from last year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
> the Jandek gig (more in another post)

Are you going to write about the Jandek gig?
Matt Dalby said…
Yeah, probably, some time. Are you?
Anonymous said…
I am indeed, but as you're the only person I can find online that also attended the gig, I'm genuinely interested in what you made of it, and have been checking back at your blog in hope you have since this post.
Matt Dalby said…
Heh! I was a little passive-aggressive there. Was meant to be funny. I'll try and write about the gig pretty soon - I just haven't felt up to writing much at all lately.

Let me know when + where you get your own thoughts on the gig out in public.
Anonymous said…
http://jandek.8651.n6.nabble.com/Jandek-in-Manchester-Saturday-td4916213.html
Matt Dalby said…
"http://jandek.8651.n6.nabble.com/Jandek-in-Manchester-Saturday-td4916213.html"

Honestly I've got nothing to touch that, so don't go getting too excited for my review.

Sounds From The Other City on Sunday, so Monday at the earliest for me to write something. Plus I was also planning to flesh out my Other Room review. But I think Jandek first.
Anonymous said…
It's your *impressions*, not your writing - emotional response, not aesthetic comments.

Popular Posts