i learnt colour - video

Since I've posted this everywhere else it seemed santiago's should have it too.

I started filming late in the second week of my residency here in Kunming at 943 Studio (http://www.943studio.cn/). My original intention was to combine everyday scenes from the apartment and studio with footage from around the city.

Most of what I shot early on was contrived, pedestrian, and literal. Only the footage shot while walking seemed to have anything about it.

After a while I stopped filming because I was just repeating myself.

I started again when I started noticing the light in the apartment and at the studio. I filmed a lot - suddenly I had a subject that interested me and that could draw together my other bits of film.

I finally started editing on 24 November and finished on 2 December after a few false starts.

Although the editing software on the phone I shot and edited with is basic any shortcoming in the film is entirely down to my lack of experience and skill.

For more on my residency don't forget my journal - http://mattdalbyjournal.tumblr.com/

Thanks to visa limitations I'm back in the UK in early January. In the meantime I may do more filming.





Comments

Popular Posts