exhibition at new year...

...if you're in Kunming.

I'll stick the poster and additional information here when I have it.

I also aim to have photos of the event, and the work in situ when it happens.

The exhibition will be called Alight, and will most likely have a joint opening/New Year party.

I've written the following text for it:

Alight

1. I alighted from the plane in Kunming on 11 October.

When we descended to Kunming it was dark... First I saw rivers and hills in monochrome outlines, then bridges and buildings, then roads and cars. I saw two bonfires burning on the edge of a field.

2. I accidentally alighted on a theme and a fascination.

What I saw [projected on paper through a small hole in the roof] was an upside-down image of the sky and the factory roof. My studio is a camera obscura.

3. My art came alight with colours.

I did an abstract sketch in my sketchbook with my various acrylics - then dragged the paint about with some toothpicks.

Comments

Popular Posts