stuff coming soonish

Coming in the next few days will be a piece on performance I've been working on for close to a fortnight when I've had time. On a slightly longer timetable there will be an online collection of my first year of tweets.

I have gathered all my tweets to date, and will continue to collect them through to the end of this month. At present they are in reverse chronological order, that is with the most recent first, and it's likely that one of the most time-consuming aspects will be turning that order round. Not especially difficult just time-consuming. Once that's accomplished I have to delete extraneous information, then edit and arrange the tweets. The aim is to have it available for the end of the first week of March.

Some decisions have already been made. Only the tweets actually describing something, repeating overheard dialogue, or reporting found text (from signs or elsewhere) will feature. Which means that early pretentious musings on aesthetics, retweets, replies to other users, episodic 100 word novels, links to reviews, adverts for events and other miscellania will not feature. More intrusively I will remove quote marks from around overheard speech (and occasionally used for found text) because it feels less necessary in this context, whereas day to day among other people's tweets they might be mistaken for my own opinion without such marks. Early on I also prefaced some overheard remarks with the formulation 'Overheard sentences I will never use'. This will be removed. Rather than a single tweet to a page, or a day to a page (or spread), there will be three or four tweets to each page. Since there will be around 3,200 tweets in total it's still going to be a pretty long document. Spelling errors will be corrected. I have not made any decisions about page dimensions, font, or cover image. I have also not decided whether to leave the date and time markers in place, although I'm presently leading towards keeping them.

Comments

Popular Posts