santiago's international wasp

Or santiago pops up here on US poetry radio show/podcast Wordsalad. I've been listening for 3 or 4 weeks now and there's always something interesting there. I also like the way the show's put together with pieces threaded together with music and found broadcast voices.

I've only listened to the first half hour so far and my contribution is in the last part. Personally I think a weekly hour of poetry is an impressive acheivement given the pretty feeble coverage that even public service broadcasting manages in this country. Go check it out and listen to the archives. I'm sure there'll be things that you don't like but there'll be a lot that you do. Because of the format of the show and the way the playlist is laid out you don't actually know what's coming next so you can listen to pieces without preconception.

The piece of mine is vetch from fight which is still available over there at the right if you like my way-out sounds of now.

Update
You should definitely listen to this episode of Wordsalad even if it's only for Joan Retallack. But I'm not going to tell you where she is so you'll just have to listen through to find her. The only thing I will tell you is that my piece is very close to the end.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Matt, thanks for the shout out. I enjoy your work and look forward to airing more on upcoming shows.
Paul
Matt Dalby said…
Paul, you're welcome. I'm really enjoying listen through your archived shows and becoming familiar with people I hadn't heard before.

Popular Posts