ghosts


Comments

Matt Dalby said…
The photo I really wanted to get today other than the tarxt pieces was a shop on Princess Road. It had been a Launderette called Soap Suds (blue writing on a white ground I think), then became a takeaway called Hong Kong (red letters on yellow ground). After that closed the sign got broken leaving the composite SHong Kuds, which sounds like it means something.

Unfortunately, procrastination being the thief of art, it had been partly pulled off and covered over by a plastic banner when I went out earlier. That'll learn me.
troylloyd said…
absolutely beautiful photographic series Matt!

absolutely beautiful!

i like your term "tarxt".

i've played with hot roofing tar before & it works well as a medium, but it never seems to fully dry.

--off i go to reasearch different forms of tar...

oh yeah, yr correct about "rocrastination being the thief of art" & sleep too, dammit -- i've been oversleeping because i'm stuck inna attic & the heat just depletes me.

i really dug the photo series!
troylloyd said…
i forgot.

please consider submitting a piece of vispo which you've inserted/installed/taken from the world at large,

to Repugno Selects.

i like his idea & concept of a semi-regular magazine featuring a poetics interacting directly with the world.

repugno selects
Matt Dalby said…
Yeah I'll definitely do that.

I saw the zine earlier on today, along with your contribution, and mightily impressed.

I tend to be a bit on and off with photography. Partly because I can't be bothered with all the technical side of it, but also because unlike yourself I get extremely self conscious even taking photos on the street - let alone something like photographing a bit of street cutlery and then picking it up.

But there will be more.
troylloyd said…
: )

hehe

yes, apologies on my part -- i didn't take into consideration the social aspect -- i took me quite a long while to enable myself to subvert the "negative" energy put forth upon my little head by perceived hostile people who're staring as if taking photographs or picking stuff up in the street was strange --

-- it's them idiots who'll be the fishwrappers, content to queue like everybody else & be tellywash'd & thinking proper is proper,

it's like that old BBC tv-show "keeping up appearances" -- fuck people who want to keep up appearances!

now i'm finally unafraid of interacting with the public at large & will even engage inna prolong'd hyperventilating discussion if someone happens to say "what the hell are you doing?" & i tell 'em flat out in logical manners why i'm doing what i'm doing, etc etc

public at large
=
abuncha suckers
troylloyd said…
i just now came across a nice example of "tar art":

highway to hell

also, Sam Gilliam used tar & asphalt & many other things during one period of his painterly development, he's a great artist.

PS
(the pigeon drift)

initially i was totally disgusted, but then thought more logically -- it's quite poetic in the bluntest manner -- we're all just meat heading towards the end of the river,

LIVE WHILE THE LIVING'S GOOD!
Matt Dalby said…
That's pretty cool. I'll check it out at leisure when I get home.

As far as the pigeon drift goes I hadn't really thought of it as off-putting. I just happened to be walking down the river when I saw it twisting in the current. I actually thought it was rather beautiful. I climbed down the bank, which is around 3 metres, and pretty steep, and took some photos. But then I realised that the drifting and turning was an important part of the experience, so I switched to video mode and shot the footage.

Popular Posts