sound poetry collaboration

Those of you watching the insanely prolific Mike Cannell's visoundtextpoem will already know that we're collaborating on a sound text piece.

I got his file this morning, but haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet, and won't until later this evening. Then I'll generally muck about with it and send the results back. We have fairly different approaches, so the results should be interesting. On the whole he's more subtle and nuanced, whereas I'm more interested in taking things to the point where they either fall apart or become a punishing aural mush - unsubtle in other words.

But as I say I haven't yet heard Mike's piece, I've been listening to David Thomas Broughton and Paul Metzger, I'm interested in experimenting with fewer layers, and there's a chance to play with edits, which I normally avoid, so the results could be almost anything.

Watch this space and his space.

Comments

Popular Posts