kitchen noise stream #4

Continuing my adventure in kitchen-based jabber, clatter and stutter. Today I had more fun with no-input mixer and voice. And garden canes. Unintelligible! Messy! Nonsensical!

On my social media yesterday I mentioned that I'm really enjoying doing these. In particular I hadn't done any no-input mixer for a while, and never with vocals. But I like how it sounds.

Because of that I'm considering, perhaps prematurely, writing a blogpost on this when I have time. It feels like a significant change in approach. After 2011 I largely stopped using a loop pedal and sound-making objects to concentrate solely on the voice.

I'm very glad I did but I like how the no-input mixer (and weirdly the garden canes) work along with the voice - both unaccompanied/un-amplified, and distorted/unintelligible. I certainly have lots of thoughts on why I moved to voice only. I'll have a think about it.


Comments

Popular Posts