cat happens - a little moment

I like these little moments that come and go. Enjoy them for what they are.

Walking home around five this morning I saw a ginger cat on a wall across the road. It mewed at me as I walked past.

Then I was out on Palatine Road and started walking towards town. I heard another mew. The cat had jumped off the wall and was following me. I stopped and crouched and stroked the cat.

For about ten minutes it circled round me rubbing itself on my shoes, bag and hands. Once it wandered off in the pre-dawn half light to stalk a dopy bee at a bus stop.

Once it seemed to have lost interest I started to walk on slowly only to find it was following me on the other side of trees along the pavement. I stopped again and stroked the cat while it rolled over and rubbed itself on the pavement.

Finally it went into a garden and started creeping after something inside and along the bottom of a hedge. I carried on my way.

Quite a nice walk. About an hour as it gradually got lighter.

Comments

Popular Posts