audio from hiss heads

Here's my set from Hiss Heads on Sunday split into individual tracks in the order I played them.

First is a revisiting of my 2009 sound poem tear. It uses mic, loop pedal and feedback. Easy but quite satisfying and fun.





Next up was an improvisation using no-input mixing board and loop pedal. I'm really happy with the sounds I got from it. I've done this live once previously I think where it didn't work as well. I'll certainly do this again.





Finally my version of Prince Heathen was easily the most challenging thing I've done soundwise. I'd given myself just a week to memorise a 16 verse ballad, and then had to sing it while coordinating the creation of a loop using a second mic and sound-makers. I'd spent two hours earlier in the day rehearsing until I was confident I could play the track through twice in a row without any horrendous fuckups.

As it happens I did lose track of the lyrics a couple times, but you can't really tell, and I'm happy with how it sounds. Again I plan to do more of this sort of thing.

Comments

Popular Posts