guess who's back

I haven't blogged for a while. I've been busy but don't seem to have achieved much, and in the last couple of weeks haven't been able to use my computer or get online as much as I'd like. But I thought I should flag up a few events coming soon.

Firstly I aim to post a review of Not at this address at Bury Art Gallery later today. You should try to get to it if you have the chance and if you're interested in contemporary art from the region. It's on now until 7 November. There's a link to the brochure with details here. It's a pdf document so if you don't have the software you'll have to download it free. Tony Trehy's preview of the exhibition is here. There's also an associated sound art event on Friday 4 September from 7pm called If not this which I strongly urge you to attend. Details are in the press release here.

The coming bank holiday weekend sees the return of Rowf! Rowf! Rowf! to Islington Mill, there may still be tickets left. If you're interested in experimental/noisy music from Manchester and beyond then it's the place to be. Personally I like my festivals to be indoors, away from mud and rain, and close to where I live, so this is perfect. 2007 was amazing, last year seemed to have some problems but I caught a few really good sets, and this year looks promising. Link to the MySpace here.

As usual Rowf! Rowf! Rowf! clashes with the big weekend of Manchester Pride. I'd really like to attend both, although I did manage to catch most of the parade last year. The pride website can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts